by US Forest Service
Paradise Campground is indeed a paradise for campers. Tucked within a lush, old-growth forest of Douglas fir and western red cedar, the area portrays a sub-tropical vibe along the banks of the McKenzie River, where catch-and-release trout and steelhead fishing is a popular activity, along with whitewater rafting and kayaking.
Paradise sits on a bend of the river at an elevation of 1,600 feet. Ferns and other moisture loving plants cover the ground, and mosses drape the trees. The campground is in the heart of Willamette National Forest, which spans 1.6 million acres on the western slopes of the Cascade Range.
Rafters and kayakers live it up in the whitewater of the McKenzie River. A boat ramp is located on-site.
The McKenzie River National Recreation Trail begins nearby, and is a favorite among hikers and mountain bikers.
A number of sites face the river, while many others are tucked into the scenic forest. Flush toilets are dispersed throughout the campground and parking spurs are paved. Educational programs are provided at the amphitheater.
A golf course is located about 7 miles west of the campground.
Activities and Amenities
- Be bear aware; keep all food out of sight in approved containers or locked inside your vehicle and remove all food from the area after eating
- No electric hookups at this facility
- This campground has first-come, first-served sites
- A fee will be charged for additional vehicles
- No firearms, fireworks or chainsaws allowed
- For more information on Willamette National Forest, click here
- Don’t Move Firewood: Please protect Pacific Northwest forests by preventing the spread of invasive species. Firewood can carry insects and diseases that can threaten the health of our western forests. You can make a difference by obtaining and burning your firewood near your camping destination. Visit Dontmovefirewood.org for further information.
GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
From Eugene, Oregon, take I-105 east to McKenzie Highway 126 and drive 55 miles to McKenzie Bridge. The campground is located on the left side of Highway, 5 miles beyond McKenzie Bridge.
PARADISE IN OREGON
Blue River OR